Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Healthy Valentine's Day treats for toddlers!

"You're a 'BERRY' good friend!"

Materials Needed:
Fruit packs
Scrapbook paper (or red/pink construction paper)
Heart-shaped cookie cutter
Scissors
Marker
Tape

While candy seems to be the go-to treat to share with friends on Valentine's Day, giving pure sugar to a room full of toddlers just seems a little mean to do to the teachers.  My son loves these fruit packs!  I saw a classmate of his give these out last year!  So cute! 

I thought a dorky little note would be a fun addition.  The flavor of the fruit pack is strawberries and apples hence the note: "You're a BERRY good friend!"  I used a heart-shaped cookie cutter to outline each heart to cut out.  I used Valentine's Day themed scrapbook paper, but you could easily use red or pink construction paper (or ANY color for that matter!)  Then, I wrote the note on with permanent marker and taped each heart to a fruit pack!


I will be hiding these from my son until he brings them to daycare to share, or he'll want to eat them all!

Happy Valentines's Day, everyone!

Kami

No comments:

Post a Comment